Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Please call our office if any illness within 2 months of procedure date (including COVID-19).
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience or while taking narcotic pain medication.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Farr, Brown and Chahal at the consultation for instructions.
Female patients on Birth Control:Be aware that the effectiveness of the pill will be less effective while you are on antibiotics.
Make sure you have plenty of ice on made up in advance.
Have soft foods available at home (Jell-O, pudding, ice cream, popsicles, scrambled eggs, etc.)
If there is any chance of pregnancy, please contact our office prior to your surgery date.